Sand Shifters Privacy Notice
Sand shifters is committed to handling your private information with the utmost respect and care. By closely following the guidelines and standards of the POPI Act we not only comply with the law but also ensure that your data is secure and safe.
WHO WE ARE:
Sand Shifters is a specialist supplier of sand, filling and bricks to the Construction Industry. Our main objective is to provide high-quality construction materials in small or bulk volume to our Property Development, Construction, Civils & Roads Clients and the Hardware Market. We also specialize in bulk site clearances.
We have been serving our clients for 24 years now. During this time, we have built up an untouchable reputation for delivering our clients requirements on-time, every time. Sand Shifters is the construction material supplier of choice in Gauteng.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Email details
- VAT Numbers
- Contact details
- Company Trading information
- Banking Details
- Financial information
HOW WE GET THE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT WE USE IT FOR:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Contractual obligations
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Third party information with regards to authenticating credit information.
- Third party information with regards to authenticating employment references.
We may share this information with:
- Credit Guarantee
- Department of Labour
- Legal Counsel
- Department Health and Safety
WHEN WILL WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Your information is securely stored:
Secure server, secure filing cabinets on the premises.
We keep your information according to our data retention policy. We will then dispose your information by shredding it.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Sand Shifters
Address: 1 Dagenham Road, Benoni South, Benoni
Phone Number: 086 174 7380
HOW TO COMPLAIN:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information.
THEIR CONTACT DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za